May 4, 2022
The Region 5 Comprehensive Center (R5CC) has been busy supporting Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Here is a look at what R5CC has accomplished recently:
- Getting to the Root Cause to Support Continuous Improvement. This blog provides an overview of Step 4 in the 8-step Networked Improvement Communities (NIC) process, conducting a root cause analysis. A root cause analysis allows a NIC team to fully explore the underlying reasons contributing to a problem before the NIC moves ahead to identifying solutions.
- New Topical Brief Illustrates Education Technology Needs and State Strategies for Strengthening Remote Learning. In an effort to highlight some of the strategies state education leaders use (or plan to use) to address education needs that are common across the region, the R5CC team is developing a series of topical briefs. As the first in the series, this brief focuses on technology access and support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Education Talk Radio hosted by Larry Jacobs. The March 29th show featured Danielle Smith (USED) and Kimberly Hambrick (R5CC Director) discussing the U.S. Department of Education’s Comprehensive Center Program. The April 21st show had R5CC’s Laura Taylor (Deputy Director) and Lori Vanderborne (Co-Lead) as guests to discuss the Network Improvement Community (NIC) for schools.
- Managing Teacher Leadership Resources. This resource will increase awareness and understanding of how to design, implement, and evaluate a formal teacher leadership program in a school building or district. After introducing the concept of teacher leadership and its benefits, the resource presents nine sequenced modules that describe components critically important to manage a teacher leadership program.
- Continued the Networked Improvement Communities Twitter chat series. You can look back at the conversation on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #R5CCEdChat. Join us for our next chat on May 25th at 6pm ET.
Keep up to date with R5CC by checking out our website at https://region5compcenter.org/.